Sunday, February 10, 2013

1/23



Well, we have finally hit those rough seas that we were all warned about. Las night I had a lot of trouble sleeping. I thought that our walls were going to cave in from all the vibrations. Again our mid-day announces said to secure everything, take seasick medication, and remember the motto “be happy and don’t puke.” The waves are currently about 13-foot swells and are going to get to 25-foot swells by tomorrow, which should be pretty interesting!
After not getting much sleep last night, I hung out on the pool deck with some friends and we ended up falling asleep. We all ended up going inside because it was cooling down and taking a nap. Though I was exhausted and wanted to sleep for the rest of the night, I had to get up for dinner since it was TACO NIGHT! Taco night happens I think once a month and it is seriously the best night ever.
After dinner I met up with a group of people and we started planning our Japan trip. As of right now, we are going to spend the day in Yokohama, then head to Tokyo, where we are going to spend two days. I think we are going to try and go to Tokyo Disneyland, which I’ve heard is pretty cool. Then we are going to go to Kyoto and meet the ship in Kobe. I’m just going with the flow, but it is definitely going to be a blast.
I also went to the Unreasonable at Sea talk tonight, which was with the Nike Foundation. The Nike Foundation is through Nike, but it doesn’t really have anything to do with the “just do it.” These two particular members of the Nike Foundation team created Girl Effects (girleffects.org), which is all about helping girls in different countries learn their potentials in life and help them realize they don’t have to get married at 13 years old. I really want to talk to these two guys at some point during the voyage and try to get involved in some way. Girl Effects and what The Nike Foundation is doing is exactly something that I would want to become involved with.

*I’m slowly getting caught up on my blog. Japan and China were both a blast and I will be writing about it soon. I’m currently on my way to Vietnam where it is warm!! This month is constant traveling, so I’ll update as much as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment