Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The big day!

Well today is the day! I'm about to go down to the hotel lobby to get checked in for Semester at Sea :)

Yesterday, I woke up early and went for a run on the beach. I absolutely loved being able to see the waves crash as I was running. And of course I took off my shoes and walked through the water. Even though running in the sand is a lot harder than it looks, it was one of the best runs I've been on. I also got to learn how to paddle board with my aunt and cousin. It was a lot of fun and so relaxing. After going to NBC and watching how much goes into production the news, I went to the hotel.

At the hotel I was able to met Desmond Tutu, who will be spending the semester with us on the ship. I was able to meet two people, who seem really cool. Both of their older brothers did Semester at Sea in 2010, so I was able to ask a lot of questions on what to do in each port.

Saying goodbye to my two aunts and cousin was one of the hardest goodbyes. I have had such a great time with them the past few days and I have already begun to learn so much about myself. I'm nervous but excited for the experience that awaits.











No comments:

Post a Comment